Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just Another Thursday

Today was just another Thursday.

I was out late on Tuesday. Really late, at least for a school night. It all started with another one of my trips to the drive-in. College students get in for 5 dollars tonight, got the normal crowd; Josh, Jasmine, Tamara, Cassi, Grant, Ryan, Matt, Nick, Ivana, Rachel, Seth and some others.

Cassi, Dana, Grant, Ivana, Jasmine, Josh, Matt, Nick, Rachel, Seth and Tamara for you OCD people.

At first we were just sitting around waiting for the movie to start, much later then normal due to dusk becoming later and later. I however was oblivious to this force of nature and had told my father I would be home by ten. Everyone piled into my car, Seth's car and Matt's truck as we go in. Once were in we sit around forever, literally forever, or maybe not but it was damn close.

8:35ish: Arrive and finish my one and only 2 liter of Fanta.

8:45: We manage to get 12 people into the back half of my Jeep, not quite a world record but getting there, were not quite midgets.

8:55: Attempt to out sprint Ryan, he barely wins, not bad for being stuffed full of orange drink.

9:00: Previews begin. Everyone crams into my car and try's to get some decent seating, there is not enough decent seating to be had.

9:10: I am crammed between Jasmine and Tamara, Josh is crammed against the side of the car while being half under Jasmine. Tamara is crammed against the wall to my right. Dana is barely sitting on the edge of the trunk, knees up, looking rather uncomfortable with Cassi mirroring her until she finally gives up and moves to the ground.

9:50: Dad calls and insists I come home.

10:00: Dad says I'm in trouble but I can stay and that I shouldn't put myself in such a position where people depend on me when I need to leave.

I don't know when the next movie started but practically everyone left when it began. I was still there and so was Tamara. Sat around watching movie with Ryan hopping in and out of the back of my car. Numerous sitings of a very drunk Matt and hist very drunk friend Davin. They all insist they are not drunk, which is quite easily the worst kind of drunk besides violent. I was a mix of both, thats why I no longer drink.

If:
Bad drinking stories > Good drinking stories
And:
You value your close relationships with friends and girlfriends.
Then:
Stop drinking.

It's rather simple math.

I got home around one from watching the second movie, way too late for a school day, thank God I have some friends that I can text at anytime of the day to talk about things. Some of you are amazing.

Alcohol is the cause of many of life's problems, yet many choose it as the solution.

-Jon

1 comment:

dana said...

you don't even mention me in the list for the OCD people.

not that it really matters. i don't want to remember tuesday night.