Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Districts (Part 2)

Went back to Yakima on Monday.
First Round: Some no-name from some random school, he sucked, but I managed to suck as well. Still beat him however. It's one of those things about tennis. It's a very competetive sport but you can't hit hard against people who don't hit hard back. It doesn't work.

Second Round: Abe Chang.
This asian is amazing at tennis.
And I almost beat him.
Lost the first set 6-3, not too close but we both hit hard and played well, very competetive. Somewhere around the third game of the match one of my 100+ mph first serves managed to make contact with his eye off his racket. Ouch. He was down for almost 5 minutes and had some issues with contacts. Second set went slow, managed to pull out a 6-4 victory and take it to a third set; at this point I was on top of my game, very much so. Third set was close and long... on-serve until 5-4 with me leading and I could not break him. He finally got his break bringing it to 5-5 and pulled out the last two games on me. This left me at fifth place for districts, alternate at regionals. Though today I did find out that his eye injury may actually be serious, I feel bad but at the same time this may be my one shot at regionals, so we'll see where it goes.

I'm tired, feeling rather jittery and on tonight, don't know what to do about it. But I need some rest before tomorrow, another big day in the life of Jonathan. I've been contemplating my lack of relationship tonight, it needs to end, but Josh helped point out to me today that I shouldn't try to force anything. I already knew this, but it helps to have my ever-loving mind refreshed occasionally. Love is a complicated yet simple thing, one of lifes few natural paradoxes; love is the only thing that can break the rule of contradictions. Which reminds me I need to post The Rules on the blog somewhere, I'll do that tomorrow. I guess Neil Gaiman summarizes love quite well. Night world.

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.” -Neil Gaiman

-Jon

1 comment:

Kali said...

Where the hell do you find these amazing quotes??