Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I got my mother's card at 7:30pm today.
I am king of procrastinators.
I devoted my the entirety of my day to doing whatever mom wanted; yard work, house work, laundry, massages, food preparation, all for her. But you know what? She really deserves it.

I heard on the radio yesterday that for the total hours of work done by mothers around the hosue each year the average income at minimum wage would be somewhere around $117,000 anually, not including bonuses. If this were true my mom would make millions. The amount of work she does to make our house as beautiful and clean as it is, is beyond measure. Plus as a kicker she did give birth to me, she always insists on rubbing that one in.

Watched The Notebook today. Great movie, kinda sad, kinda happy, lots of love. Getting ready for this planned 'chick flick' night, gonna get together with Grant, Ryan, Elise and who knows who else to watch some chick flicks. My excitement is only stifled by my nervousness about Districts tomorrow, I've got some tough matches of which I need to win the first to move on to Regionals.

“When you suffer an attack of nerves you're being attacked by the nervous system. What chance has a man got against a system?"

-Jon

No comments: